I hope this doesn't come across as paranoid or conspiracy nuttish, but have you heard about the new combo swine/human/avian flu in Mexico? One article says, "The virus is an influenza A virus, carrying the designation H1N1. It contains DNA from avian, swine and human viruses, including elements from European and Asian swine viruses, said the CDC, which is already working on a vaccine."
The same article goes on to say that while at least 20 Mexicans have died from this virus, there may have been 40 other people who died from it as well. Plus, there are 1,000 "suspected cases" so far. Oh yes, and it seems to be killing people between the ages of 25 and 45.
Matt Drudge reports that the U.S. has no plan to close borders to Mexico.
So shall we look at this from a somewhat skeptical point of view?
1. Most influenzas affect the weakest among us: children and the elderly. This strain(s) seems to be deadliest to healthy adults. The Spanish flu which killed millions in the early 20th century, also affected this age group.
2. Mexico is on the verge of governmental collapse. What age group would be involved in fighting for or against the current government?
3. How would a 3 different deadly viruses combine in nature? Would such a deadly combo require human intervention? As I recall, the swine flu was transmitted from pigs to people in direct contact with them. Likewise, the bird flu was only transmitted to people in direct contact with the fowl. Apparently, none of the people diagnosed thus far with this virus has been in contact with either pig or fowl.
4. If, this virus is indeed the beginning of a pandemic, as the numerous reports suggest, why wouldn't the U.S. close our southern borders to protect its citizens?
5. This is very suspicious to me. If this story is true, then the virus would appear to me to be for the purpose of age-specific population control. Or, even more sneaky, a preventative vaccination allegedly developed specific to this virus combo, could contain God knows what, and the governments could mandate vaccination of entire populations.
I'm keeping a close eye on this one. Anyone who has ever trusted the Mexican government or the World Health Organization is an idiot, and now, sad to say, I don't trust my own government at all.