Musings of a Real Texas Cowgirl

This blog contains the thoughts of a real Texas cowgirl. They may pertain to politics, religion, or life in general. If anything herein offends you, please go to another blog. If you disagree with anything herein, kindly use facts and intelligent argument. Anyone making personal attacks against Cowgirl or any commenter will be banned.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Liberals Were Right!?!?!?

After reading the Drudge Report this morning, there was just so much fodder for blogging that I didn't even know where to begin. I learned, not at all to my surprise that our beloved Secy of State has blamed the United States for Mexico's problems with the drug cartels. Not to worry, though, because the equally patriotic and brilliant Janet Napolitano, the head of Homeland Security (that should be enough to scare the heck out of you) is confident "she" has enough money for the border wars. Ya know, building that fence would have been a lot easier, but hey! Let's just do this the hard and bloody way.

Anyway, suddenly I remembered an email I received a few days ago, and it seems appropriate to post it here. Enjoy!
---------------------------------------------

I have to admit it. My liberal friends were right. They told me if I
voted for McCain, the nation's Hope would deteriorate, and sure enough
there has been a 20 point drop in the Consumer Confidence Index since
the election, reaching a lower point than any time during the Bush
administration.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the US would become more deeply
embroiled in the Middle East, and sure enough tens of thousands of
additional troops are scheduled to be deployed into Afghanistan.

They told me if I voted for McCain, that the economy would get worse and
sure enough unemployment is approaching 8.8% and the new stimulus
packages implemented recently have sent the stock market lower than at
any time since 9-11.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "crooks" in high
ranking positions in Federal government and sure enough, several recent
cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed resumes of bribery and
tax fraud.

Well I ignored my Democrat friends in November and voted for McCain. And
they were right... all of their predictions have come true.

|