Musings of a Real Texas Cowgirl

This blog contains the thoughts of a real Texas cowgirl. They may pertain to politics, religion, or life in general. If anything herein offends you, please go to another blog. If you disagree with anything herein, kindly use facts and intelligent argument. Anyone making personal attacks against Cowgirl or any commenter will be banned.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Busy day on the ranch!!

No musings thus far today about politics or the state of the world. Today, has been one of those, "Oh my gosh!! The cold front is moving in!!!" days. In North Central Texas, we have enjoyed very warm weather thus far, with a few coolish days here and there, but mostly wonderful weather. Except dry. Very, very dry.

By 9:30 a.m. I had both of the manure-divers bathed and in the kennel, so they can come inside the next few days when the Arctic front hits. All the garden hoses had to be drained; faucet covers installed; hay rings moved to a pasture with more shelter; cows moved to same pasture; all in all, a busy morning.

Then off to town for some last minute errand running: bank, library, groceries, and lunch with a friend.

Now home again, and the rain has started. Actually, we must have gotten a pretty good rain while I was gone. The wind is very strong out of the south, but I expect it will start to swing around to the north in the next few hours. The waterfowl are all fed, and the shop kittie is in the shop. So, I think I've completed my major tasks for the day. Hope at least one of the library books will be good. I just grabbed a few that looked like they might possibly be interesting. Soup is cooking in the crock pot, and I'm ready for some cold weather!!!

|