Musings of a Real Texas Cowgirl

This blog contains the thoughts of a real Texas cowgirl. They may pertain to politics, religion, or life in general. If anything herein offends you, please go to another blog. If you disagree with anything herein, kindly use facts and intelligent argument. Anyone making personal attacks against Cowgirl or any commenter will be banned.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Ah-ha! Just as I Predicted...

This evening, the Cowboy and I were watching the local news. The temp is supposed to dip tonight, so we broke down and turned on the "news."

We were updated on the Dallas County elections. It appears that, for the first time in my lifetime, Dallas County has gone Democratic. It was only a matter of time, as white flight has been going on for ages, and the minorities rule these days. I'm hoping the effect of that is that the current President Bush will decide to build his library in Waco rather than Dallas, because I avoid Dallas like the plague!

However, to get to the point, as the "news" progressed, the highly esteemed Harry Reid appeared on the screen. I swiftly hit the mute button on the remote. Cowboy grabbed the remote and changed to the SPEED channel. We looked at each other and laughed. Cowboy then said, "That guy doesn't have anything to say that I want to hear."

My sentiments exactly.

Cowboy is now watching truck races, and I've fled to cyberspace. Glad we are both on the same page.

|