Musings of a Real Texas Cowgirl

This blog contains the thoughts of a real Texas cowgirl. They may pertain to politics, religion, or life in general. If anything herein offends you, please go to another blog. If you disagree with anything herein, kindly use facts and intelligent argument. Anyone making personal attacks against Cowgirl or any commenter will be banned.

Monday, February 27, 2006

More Hollywood Whining

Years ago, when he was on ER, I thought George Clooney was a good actor, and pretty easy on the eyes. Did I know or care what his political bent was? Nope.

But, now since he and most of the Hollywood bunch have decided to make movies that are offensive to me, with plots I am uninterested in, as well as bashing my country and President almost daily, it astounds me that they are whining like babies because nobody goes to see their films.

In the interview posted below, Clooney says, "And I want to be able to say that they boycotted my films... I want to be able to say I was on the cover of a magazine called a 'traitor,"' he said."

Well, just let me go on record as saying that this cowgirl boycotted your films because I will not pay my hard-earned money to watch a movie slamming my country. Bottom line. We all make choices in life. As a beef producer, I could set up a booth at a PETA convention, but that would be a waste of time and money, because no one would buy my product. That is called a good business decision. As an actor, you sell your product, which is your acting. If you choose to act in a movie most people will choose not to see, that is your choice. It's a dumb choice, and a bad business decision... but, hey! In this country, which you so abhore, you are free to make bad choices.


Clooney relishes 'traitor' attacks
From correspondents in London
25-02-2006
From: Agence France-Presse


US actor and director George Clooney said this morning he was proud to be denounced as unpatriotic for questioning US policy because he wanted to be on "the right side of history."
Interviewed on BBC television's Newsnight about his latest films Syriana and Good Night, and Good Luck Clooney said that not only did he accept the right to be attacked for his views but he even relished them.

Clooney, who has weathered attacks since opposing the 2003 Iraq invasion, said at one point that it was "frustrating" to be listed as a "traitor" on a set of playing cards, but he also accepted people's right to free speech.

He later admitted he relished the attacks.

"I think it's important to be on the right side of history," Clooney said.

"I want to be on that deck of cards. And I want to be able to say that they boycotted my films... I want to be able to say I was on the cover of a magazine called a 'traitor,"' he said.

"I'm proud of those because those were badges of honour for me because that was when you did it when it was hard to do," the actor and director said.

Clooney has received critical acclaim for Syriana - about oil politics and Islamic extremism - and for Good Night, and Good Luck a reminder of the threat to civil liberties through a story about the anti-communist hysteria in the US of the 1950s.

Clooney said Syriana did not single out US President George W. Bush's administration for attack, though it "certainly goes at this administration" as well as at 60 years of failed Middle East policy.

"If it's an attack, it's because you're asking questions," Clooney said.

Clooney has said the chilling effect of the September 11, 2001 attacks on US politics had inspired SyrianaA and its unflinching look at the ways extremism and political instability are fostered by the interests of big oil.


Help | Contact Us | Jobs at News | Advertise with us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Sitemap
Copyright 2006 News Limited. All times AEDT (GMT + 11).

|